Name of provider
Newquay Tretherras School
Name of course
Site/s where available
Newquay Tretherras School, Trevenson Road, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 3BH
Key contact for questions about course
Duration of course
All A level and vocational courses are two-year programmes. Year 12 & 13.
Year 14 occasionally needed if course changes need to occur at the end of Year 12.
Age range if applicable
- Key Stage 5 (Years 12, 13 and 14 if needed)
- 16 – 19
- Curriculum review would need to be carried out for a Year 14 year to be agreed by NT6.
Key course content and outcomes
- 26 A level & AS level courses
- 4 Level 3 Vocational courses (Certificate, Extended Certificate, Diploma or Extended Diploma)
- Resit English & Maths (Built into their curriculum in addition to 3 A level equivalent qualifications if required).
For details of all the courses please see link below.
Please refer to the prospectus link for individual subject entry requirements.
Please refer to the NT6 prospectus.
On average 75 – 80% of Year 13 cohorts apply for University.
Other progression opportunities supported by NT6;
Degree Apprenticeship, Apprenticeship, Employment.
Additional charges for families
e.g. swimming, pocket money for shopping
£25 Deposit requested at start of Year 12. Returned at the end of Year 13 subject to the return of all textbooks from their subjects.
£10 Deposit for locker key (Optional)
Optional expenses for families
e.g. non-essential trips
Some aspects of the Post 16 timetable may include opportunities for students to undertake educational activities which are outside of the formal curriculum offered – e.g. – Gold D of E. Each educational activity will identify the cost of any payments requested from parents
Timing across the week
Monday – Friday – 8:40 – 15:00
Minimum number of learners to run course