Name of provider
Name of course
Level 1 – Vocation Pathway
Who is this course intended for?
Learners working at Entry 3 / Entry 1
Site/s where available
Camborne, St Austell, Stoke Climsland, Bicton
Key contact for questions about course
Liam Callaway – 01209 616397 (Camborne)
Roxy Kilmurray – 01726 226763 (St Austell)
Matt White – 01579 372282 (Duchy Stoke)
Kay Simpson – 01395 562446 (Bicton)
Duration of course
1 year with a possible progression to Works Pathway or a Cross College programme
Age range if applicable
19-24 with EHCP
Key course content and outcomes
- During the course you will study vocational and life skills around the areas of work that you have chosen to study. You will also build your teamwork skills, self-confidence and develop your English and maths.
- Vocational areas vary across the campuses, but could include; media, horticulture, motor vehicles, sport animal care, equine, forest school/outdoor learning, hair and beauty, construction and catering.
Working at Entry Level 3 for English and Maths.
- BTEC Pearson – Introductory to Vocational Studies Level 1
- EDEXCEL – Functional Skills English
- EDEXCEL – Functional Skills Maths
- GCSE English and/or Maths
- Works Pathway – employability skills for work
- Cross College Level 1 or 2 programme
Additional charges for families
e.g. swimming, pocket money for shopping
Personal Protective Equipment
Optional expenses for families
e.g. non-essential trips
Various educational trips
Timing across the week
3 days, 9am – 4pm each day
Days vary according to site
Learners will gain additional skills and experience by accessing the opportunity to participate in campus based work related activities, such as working in The Hub College Shop/Coffee Shop and external work experience placements.