Name of provider
Name of course
Level 1 – Works Pathway
Who is this course intended for?
Learners working at Entry 3 / Entry 1
Site/s where available
Camborne, St Austell, Stoke Climsland, Bicton
Key contact for questions about course
Liam Callaway – 01209 616397 (Camborne)
Roxy Kilmurray – 01726 226763 (St Austell)
Matt White – 01579 372282 (Duchy Stoke)
Kay Simpson – 01395 562446 (Bicton)
Duration of course
1 year with progression onto the Works Pathway Support Internship
Age range if applicable
19-24 with EHCP
Key course content and outcomes
- You will learn the skills, knowledge and behaviours to prepare you for the world of work. During these steps to becoming work ready you will set personal targets to ensure you reach the goals you need to enter the next stage in your career.
- You will get the opportunity to visit local employers and also follow a career plan to match your skills and interests with different jobs and careers and work with the P2E co-ordinator to find the right work placement for your next step on the supported internship, if you chose this progression pathway.
You will be working at Entry 3 / Level 1 within the areas of English and Maths and have an interest in entering employment.
- CITY & GUILDS – Employability Level 1
- EDEXCEL – Functional Skills English
- EDEXCEL – Functional Skills Maths
- GCSE English and/or Maths
- Development of employability / transferrable skills
- Development of Independence
- Development of employment searching / applying skills
- Progression onto further year within the same programme (Year 2)
- Transition out of College – employment, supported employment
Additional charges for families
e.g. swimming, pocket money for shopping
Personal Protective Equipment
Optional expenses for families
e.g. non-essential trips
Various educational trips
Timing across the week
3 days, 9am – 4pm each day
Days vary according to site
Learners will gain additional skills and experience by accessing the opportunity to participate in campus based work related activities, such as working in The Hub College Shop/Coffee Shop.
Work Experience – Stage 1 does 1 day a week