Name of provider
Newquay Community Orchard
Name of course
Site/s where available
Newquay Orchard, Yeoman Way, Tretherras, Newquay, TR7 2SL.
Key contact for questions about course
Duration of course
2 Years with a possible progression to a 3rd year.
Age range if applicable
16-18 years or 16-25 with an EHCP.
Key course content and outcomes
Our course, based in a 7-acre outdoor space in the heart of Newquay, aims to use our alternative learning environment to help young people grow as an individual, developing personal confidence, supporting them to reach their potential and build a sustainable future.
- Grow confidence, develop independence and build teamwork and communication skills.
- Develop horticultural, gardening and landscaping skills in our outdoor space.
- Achieve English and Maths qualifications at a level suitable for you.
- Learn ways to improve your wellbeing.
- Gain work preparation skills, including C.V writing and interview skills.
- Take part in work experience with a variety of employers.
Learners working at a minimum of Entry Level 2 in English and Maths.
Entry Level 3 in Learning, Employment and Progression.
Level 1 in Learning, employment and Progression.
Level 2 In Progression.
Students are likely to progress onto a Supported Internship, employment or volunteering.
Aspects of provision funded from E1 and E2
- All learning resources including specific programmes created for SEN learners.
- PPE for outdoor tasks and work experience.
- Transportation to work experience opportunities.
All materials for horticultural, woodworking and landscaping teaching including adapted and accessible tools.
Aspects of provision funded from E3
- Suitable learning support for each individual.
Additional charges for families
e.g. swimming, pocket money for shopping
Optional expenses for families
e.g. non-essential trips
Timing across the week
3 days a week 10am-4pm with lunch and break time.
Facebook search: Kehelland College
Maximum number of places if applicable